Tuesday, August 3, 2010

7 days.....

I cannot believe that I am already down to the wire here. I am only working for 3 more days and then I'm heading back to Sandy to spend my last few days with my family and doing my final packing.

All the big stuff is done. I have raised $2000, I have recieved my visa, I have had my shots and have started taking my anti-malarial medication. Now all that is left is to pack and find a good herbal sleeping concoction to make the nearly 24 hours of traveling go quicker. I was also advised to purchase some pepper spray (just in case).

I cannot wait to get to India. I am so excited to meet the kids and become best friends with every little girl in the joint. I am fully committed to diving head first into this experience and giving myself fully to this cause. I am ready to leave all the stress and drama of real life behind me to participate in something that really matters. These people have been shunned from society because of their illness and their wasted appearance. I already love them for what they have been through.

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat... Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." -Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment