Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Can I Adopt Them All?

Another perfect day in India. Every night I go to bed thinking today was the new best day of my life. I am so blissfully happy here. I don't have a care in the world outside of these children, their education, their families in the leprosy colonies, and what more I can do for them. I cannot come to terms with the fact that tomorrow is my last day with their smiling faces.

I got to tutor three of my favorite boys today: Vicky, Shakthivel, and Vijay. Vicky and I are buds. We are always so happy to see each other and I literally wish I could take him home with me. He has a smile that lights up my life and has a quiet assurance about him. It will be very hard to say goodbye to him tomorrow. And then there is Shakthivel. That boy is the sweetest thing in the world I think. I already dedicated like an entire post to him but I could talk about him forever. He has changed me with his pure love and ability to sacrifice to make others happy. I will keep that silly wall hanger thing forever. Bless his heart. Vijay always has a smile on his face. He has a crazy eye, so you never really know what he's looking at, but he is a special boy to me. He had me the first time I went through his memory book. It was a gift that I was able to have personal time with all three of them today at tutoring.

Everyone wanted to play soccer again today at play time, but there were a lot more kids this time. Once a few of the older boys joined Team Mary, the younger ones on Team Jesus sort of gave up. It wasn't fun to see their excitement turn like that. Boo older kids. We decided it was a good time for a water break, and Vicky found me at prayer time to walk with him to the dining hall. I freaking love him. Why do I have to leave?

I actually enjoyed dinner tonight. Like enough to have seconds. That was a first. It wasn't much different from what we usually have but it was sooo delicious tonight. Either I'm getting used to it or I'm starving. We ate on the roof. Its been a while because it rained a lot while we were in Delhi and everything up there was really wet. The moonrise was spectacular. I wish I had a camera.

After dinner, I went back to the Elephant house to get paper and crayons. I wanted my family to draw me pictures as a farewell present. I don't want to ever forget these kids. They are the sweetest, cutest little boys ever and I can't get over how trusting and loving they all are. They make me so happy and so tired and I love them all to pieces. Their drawings are precious. I'm really glad I thought of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment